Posts Tagged ‘strategies for living’
Saturday, April 7th, 2012
- Take Action – Any action is a step and any step is a direction – you will find out something if you take it. If it is the wrong direction you will step another way but remember each step will bring you closer to your goals.
- Set (3) simple goals and smaller action steps to achieve them.
- Get rid of negative thinking – Don’t let old negative thoughts take control. Especially look for limited self talk like “your too old, too young, too this or not enough of that”. Each time an “I can’t do it” thought comes into your mind replace it with an expanding thought such as “Yes I can”. My favorite expanding mantra comes from Gay Hendricks “ I expand in abundance, love and success everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same.
- New Experience Committee – When you start to open yourself to having new experiences in any area of life it opens your mind and you are saying yes to the world. Start with a small group of friends and brainstorm new ideas to get the juices flowing.
- Diet, Exercise, Sleep and Alcohol intake! Take a close look at your patterns and be aware! If you have a regular exercise routine for yourself GREAT…. Make sure you change it up regularly and challenge yourself. If you don’t exercise just get going immediately! I don’t like the word diet but what you put into your mouth is just as important as exercise. If your diet is loaded with energy draining foods such as sugar and starchy carbs – work to reduce or eliminate those from your diet. Red meat can also have an effect on energy – move to eating more fish and poultry. Is that drink every night reducing your ability to have good energy flow? Make the glass of wine or beer a special occasion habit! Sleep is very important to your overall well-being. How much do you want to work at peak performance? Everyone is different but I recommend you drink lots of water to flush out your system of toxins and hydrate your vocal cords.
- Take a serious look at old patterns – Try to resolve/recognize them. Look very closely at your patterns and habits. Often a pattern can come disguised in a new form but still set you back to old ways of behaving. Meditation and yoga are great for clearing…but simply clearing your calendar and leaving space in your schedule can help.
- Find inspiring and encouraging friends and become an inspiration to others.
- Don’t be afraid to take chances! Another one of my quotes is “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone” so proceed to make yourself uncomfortable as soon as possible.
- Be Prepared – “Chance favors the prepared mind”. Take it in steps – if you are learning ten new songs then start with the first 2/3 songs – write out your lyrics by hand and take them to bed with you each night. Listen to the songs or play them over and over again until they are second nature. At times you may need to take the song from the middle – starting in the beginning all the time often means we are really good at the first half of the song and lose our way in the middle.
- Believe in yourself – Working on your self-image and self-esteem can be an ongoing process. Many times we are bombarded with old negative messages about ourselves (recognize them as old ways of thinking about self and change the thoughts to more positive) also in our world we have many messages via media and advertising that works against all the normal changes in a persons life. Getting older, Gender, Motherhood, Race, Weight and so on. Make sure you work on the inside and develop an unshakable self-confidence. It really is very appealing and when you feel good you can work on inspiring others. 10.5 Never ever give up!